Summertime is my season. It’s hard to explain how I know this, but I feel more alive in the summer than in any other season. Maybe its because I love sunbathing. Or swimming. Or maybe it’s because I have license to eat as much watermelon as I like in the summer. Right?
Watermelon Feta Salad (for two)
- 1/4 watermelon, cubed
- 1/2 block of fresh feta, crumbled by hand
- Handful of mint leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- A pinch of salt and pepper
In a bowl, whisk together the dijon mustard and lemon juice. While one hand keeps whisking, pour in the olive oil in a steady stream until a vinaigrette forms. In another bowl, toss together watermelon, feta and mint. Drizzle the vinaigrette on top and add a pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper. Voila.
- How birth season affects personality (The Atlantic)
- Which season are you? A quiz
- Five health benefits of watermelon (Health.com)