The best aspect of living in central Europe is our access to a multitude of other destinations. We love Switzerland, but we really love traveling outside of our Alpine nation. Living here has given us the ability to see many countries I did not believe I’d ever visit (such as Morocco and Croatia), as well as returning again and again to places that ought to be once-in-a-lifetime trips.
Places like Paris, with whom I’ve had a lifelong love affair.
About once a month I have an intense craving for Paris–kind of like getting a hankering for your favorite take-out–except that it is much more complicated to satisfy. Today is that day.
A three-hour train ride is the only thing that lies between us and Paris, which makes booking said train ticket awfully tempting. I keep finding myself on the train’s website, unaware how I got there and why my credit card is in hand…but, I’m always too level-headed to follow through.
One of these days I’m going to let myself run away to Paris.
For now, I can look through my photos, watch my favorite Parisian movie and daydream.
- My favorite blog out of Paris
- The instagram account that keeps my Paris flame lit
- My “how-to”on sitting in a Parisian cafe
- The eco-friendly practice Paris has adopted
- The museum I’ll visit the next time I’m in Paris
- And a guide to the museums I visited last time