I’ve got my sunglasses packed and I’ll be out the door in one hour for a flight to Portugal! We’re spending four days in the south — the “Algarve” region — visiting family and soaking up Vitamin D. We don’t have much planned beyond activities involving sunscreen and tapas. With Geneva temperatures hovering around the 30s and 40s for the past month, I couldn’t be more excited to fly south!
To top it off, Travel + Leisure this week named Portugal their 2016 “Destination of the Year.” The magazine’s editor writes Portugal is “exhibiting a dynamism that feels fresh and distinctive.” I’m excited to discover what he means by that.
Have you been to Portugal? Have you been to Faro? I’ll take any recommendations… meanwhile, a few fun links for your Thursday:
- Why millennials are prioritizing travel over paying off debt, buying a home
- If Wes Anderson designed a cruise ship, it would be this one
- A wintry recipe I’m dying to bring to life
- The easiest (and cheapest) way to pack wine in your suitcase
- A California school that truly puts the “prep” in prep school
- What to buy a foodie for Christmas (I want #15!)
- Where to donate this Christmas to make a real difference
One thought on “In search of sunshine… Portugal”
I visited Portugal in the Summer of last year and I loved it. My biggest tip is to enjoy the beaches. There are so many activities; jet skiing, parasailing, boat rides etc which are relatively affordable and so much fun! Have a great time.